Learn more about NEKSAG History here
JANUARY 27, 2019
- The meeting was called to order by President Tammy Clouston at 1:05 p.m.
- Officers present were President, Vice President Deanna Lanter, Secretary Angie Banks and Treasurer Tossie Kirkham.
- Banks read the meeting minutes from 2018 and were subsequently approved.
- Kirkham gave the 2018 Treasurers Report, providing a breakdown of deposits and expenditures throughout
the year. Payments for website registration, royalty and high point prizes were approved.
- POST CARDS - Decision was made to not do post cards for 2019 show season as in years past.
- GREEN ACRES - We are considering a display advertisement for all NEKSAG saddle clubs. We will
determine cost and make contact with saddle clubs to determine feasibility.
- FB BOOST - We are considering paying to boost Facebook NEKSAG Page and/or Events. We will obtain
costs and information to determine feasibility.
- RIBBONS - May need to order more ribbons for end of year banquet.
- ROYALTY - NEKSAG will continue with the same awards (tiaras, sashes, and buckles) for the Queen,
Princess, King and Prince. Buckles will be researched to determine the best value (under $50) that will not
include the participants name, as in years past. Royalty will still be chosen at the NEKSAG Kick off show.
- HIGH POINT AWARD BY AGE GROUP - The consensus was to again award personalized lawn chairs ($30
- BANQUET & AUCTION - Moving the event to the evening and at the new location in Valley Falls was
considered a success. No changes are expected for 2019.
- CLASS FEES - Class fees were debated for some time. The consensus was that any increase in fees would
need to benefit the saddle clubs the most. There will be an increase in fees, from $2 to $3 per class. Out of $3 fee, $1 goes back to payback (same as before) $.25 to NEKSAG (same as before) and $1.75 back to the saddle club. This is a $1 increase per class for the saddle clubs. This is still far less expensive than other local open shows in the region and payback for 1st through 4th place is still offered.
- MEMBERSHIP DRIVES - Saddle Clubs are encouraged to hold clinics, picnics or other events in order to drive membership. NEKSAG will gladly post and help promote through the NEKSAG Facebook and Website.
- RULEBOOK - No changes were suggested or required.
- SADDLE CLUBS - WELCOME Topeka Round up club members!
- SCHEDULE (tentative)
- May 4 - NEKSAG Kick Off Benefit Full Show @ Effingham (rain date May 25)
- Jun 1 - Full Show @ Circleville
- Jun 2 - RACEO @ Circleville
- Jun 15 - Full Show @ Lancaster
- Jun 22 - Full Show @ Effingham
- Jun 29 - RACEO @ Lancaster
- Jul 20 - RACEO @ Effingham
- Jul 27 - NEKSAG MIDYEAR Benefit Full Show @ Lancaster
- Aug 17 - Full Show @ Topeka Round Up
- Aug 24 - RACEO @ Valley Falls
- Aug 25 - RACEO @ Valley Falls
- Sep 7 - Full Show @ Lancaster
- Sep 28 - NEKSAG Fall Benefit Full Show @ TBD (rain date Oct 5)
- (Need location for Fall benefit, R Bar B still needs to schedule)
- ELECTION OF OFFICERS - Officers were voted. Kathy Baker is now President, Deanna Lanter is Vice President/Secretary, and Tossie Kirkham is Treasurer/Points Keeper.
- Meeting was concluded at 3 p.m.
< back to Membership